Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ups 'n' Downs

I've been sick for over two weeks, now - a cold or bronchitis or ... Anyway, it really saps my energy and mooshes my brain, so I haven't posted much. My post from this AM was a reworking of something I wrote for a friend early this year or late last year. I started antibiotics this PM, so hopefully I'll start doing better.

Not being well, I haven't been exercising as much as I had been. I've still been doing OK with eating and exercise as a whole, though. I'm not doing anything fancy, just using MyFitnessPal.com to track and plan what I eat and how much I exercise. Users enter some profile and goals information and it calculates what one needs to do to meet those goals. It's calorie-counting based, but it has a huge database of different foods and the number of calories per unit of measure. The database also has a lot of items from many restaurants.

One of the things we bought in early July was some 38 waist jeans, the next waist size smaller from what I was then (and am still) wearing. We were anticipating further progress, and I guesstimated that they would fit in late August. So I tried on a pair this PM ... and they fit! So now I'm down two waist sizes, from 44 to 38. And I haven't worn 38s, except for a few years in the 80s, since the early or mid 70s. More than a few stores have little or no stock of men's pants larger than 38 waist. So this is pretty cool.

God has done some wonderful things - new jobs for Mrs. Soapy Pete - for our finances ... We are looking forward to resuming our church home group in a few weeks ... Mrs. Soapy Pete has also been doing well with losing weight ... And hopefully I'll get the rest of my brain back in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment