Thursday, February 16, 2012

Gadgeterianism & Me

I'm not a big Gadgeterian. It's a little odd that I'm not, since I live in Silicon Valley and work in the electronics industry, the home and source of gadgets. It's not that I don't have or don't use gadgets. I'm typing this on a Nook Color e-reader/tablet computer.
 
I'm just not that into gadgets. I try to focus on things that will be useful and use what I get (and not use them for the sake of using them). They are things to be used, not things to have! I use them, they don't own me. What I really don't get is people who have to have the latest (whatever). And there certainly are quite a few Silicon Valley companies who stake their future - it's almost their business model - on producing the latest (thing) and persuading people they need that latest (thing). It might seem pretentiously religious to say this, but I do not think this is how God intends for His children to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment