Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My Life Really Is in God's Hands!

I hesitate somewhat to post about this as it's yet in process and involves people I know and love. I'm not the person going through the things I allude to, nor one of the persons most affected by them. But this is something that is both stirring my thoughts and emotions ... God is working in me through it. I pray no one is hurt by my posting some of my thoughts ... I'm not aware of anything potentially hurtful in what follows.
A friend who has for years been very healthy and very active is now going through an unexpected serious health problem. While he has taken very good care of his health - better than I have until recently - he may soon see face to face with the God he has long served. The unexpectedness and suddenness of this is likely disturbing to him, and probably even more so to his wife. I'm sure this is not at all the kind of thing they expected for this time in their life together.
Taking care of our bodies (as he has) is right, it's taking care of something given us by God. But ultimately none of us has control of our lifespan - my body is impacted, internally and externally, by sin - my own, that of others around me, that of the entire human race going back to Adam. The One Who does have control over my life is God, and I have to trust Him in and with whatever life brings, regardless of my expectations. God ultimately cares and knows more than I do about what is good for me. That's easy to write; doing it when stuff is happening around (or to) me is challenging!

No comments:

Post a Comment