Saturday, June 8, 2013

Trinity & Divinity, Part 1

On a discussion forum I frequent, http://www.republicanoperative.com/forums/, there is an extended discussion of the Christian teaching of the Trinity - the nature of God - and a couple of immediately related topics, the Divinity of Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Since this is something which is engaging my interest and time, why not adapt some of what I post there as blog posts? So, to start:

Here's my premise: the Bible teaches that there is one God; the New Testament of the Bible identifies three persons as being God, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Since most persons calling themselves Christians who take the Bible seriously would agree that the Father is identified as God, I will skip showing that, though some passages I cite will include that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment