Sunday, April 8, 2012

What Jesus' Resurrection Means to Me

The world has never had a lack of thoughtful moral philosophers. Many have had useful and thoughtful insights. Many claimed to offer insights of spiritual significance. All are dead or will die ... except for one. Jesus was a great teacher, offered great insight into what humans really are, pointed to what He said was the right spiritual path, and claimed to do and be much more than just a great teacher. He claimed to be God, the Son of God. He claimed he would save from their sins as many as would believe in Him. He claimed to be the path to God and eternal life. Like all the other moral teachers, Jesus died - a horrible death. Unlike any other moral teacher (or any other human being), He didn't stay dead.
That's what sets Jesus apart from both the other moral teachers and delusional people who claim to be God! Jesus' resurrection was the seal of the authenticity of all He claimed to do and be! Jesus is God! Jesus had the authority and power to do all it took to save me from my sins, to reconcile me to God! Jesus' resurrection showed that life doesn't end with death, that for those united with him by faith will also be raised from the dead, to spend eternity with God. And Jesus did all this, not because I was such a wonderful person, not because I deserved it. Let me be clear … I did not deserve what Jesus did for me! Jesus did what He did simply because He loved me, and every other equally undeserving human being. Jesus' resurrection is the culmination of the process that gave me eternal life. Jesus resurrection is the pinnacle of 33 years of a life of proving that God, the Creator of the universe, loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment