Monday, October 17, 2011

Keeping Balance

It occurred to me this morning while driving to work that keeping spiritual balance is interesting. I'm always looking at Scripture wanting to see what is practical, what applies to my daily life. It's not a bad habit! But what about more abstract and doctrinal stuff? It's certainly there in Scripture! Do I give that second or third place in my attention? Not a good idea! That God is eternal, the Creator, that Jesus is God, and so much more are not exactly practical on a day by day basis, but such things speak to the nature of the universe and the nature and character of God. They speak to my nature as a human being and to the nature of the One in whom I have placed my faith and entrusted with my life!

It all seems so mind-bogglingly huge, but then ... what kind of God would I have if I, a creature, could understand the One Who created me?

No comments:

Post a Comment