Sunday, October 23, 2011

Regarding the "Occupy" Movement

I never said this blog would be exclusively religious, and I know some "out there" (in the real world) will whole-heartedly disagree, but I'm going to say this anyway.

The Occupiers claim to represent the 99% of Americans who are not rich. Curiously, I am very far from rich - in money and material things, within the context of the USA - but no one from their movement ever asked me my opinions of their ideas. Yet they speak for me? I guess they know what's good for me better than I do.

Excuse me while I pry my tongue out of my cheek. 

The Occupiers, to me, seem to be a .1% or .01% who are bent on recycling one of two failed ideas: the communes of the 1960s and 1970s; a Leninist-Stalinist-Maoist-style planned/command economy. Both ideas are proven failures, though the former less bloodily than the latter.

Communes, like the hippie communes of the 1960s, or Plymouth Colony in its beginnings, fail as soon as one (and usually both) of two things happen: lazy people realize they get the same amount of goodies as hard-workers; hard-workers realize they get the same amount of goodies as lazy people.

Planned/command economies fail because a few 10s of thousands of isolated bureaucrats cannot know as much or respond as quickly as 100s of thousands or millions of business people who know their product, their marketplace and their customers.

Recycling failure is stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment