Saturday, March 23, 2013

Easter Week Meditations; the Saturday Before Palm Sunday

It's been two years or so since I wrote a series of meditations on the events of Easter Week. And that was my focus: understanding the events as they connected and led to each other; understanding the context of those events. This post starts a new series, about what I think Jesus had in mind as He lived that "last" week of His earthly life. It represents my opinion, based on Scripture, Jesus purpose, and human nature.

My major assumption is simple, demonstrably true in the Gospels. Jesus did not walk blindly into a week of painful surprises. Each step of the way Jesus instigated or purposively walked into what was about to unfold. He acted with intent, focused on His purposes, rather than reacting to people, words and actions where He happened to be. What were His purposes? What was He hoping to accomplish?

Should anyone be interested, the set of meditations I referred to above were in April, 2011, and the post for the Saturday before Palm Sunday is here: http://soapypetesbox.blogspot.com/2011/04/easter-week-meditations-intro.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment