Sunday, May 6, 2012

Paradoxes in Christ

Salvation ...there is nothing I can do to earn or keep salvation, yet God will not force salvation, saving faith, on me. Am I somehow "allowing" God to create that saving faith in me? Is doing vs. allowing a distinction without a difference? I could throw my hands up in frustration. Instead, I believe ... God "understands" how He works it all out.
Obedience ... I am flawed. I am told to obey God, I am responsible for what I do, but in truth, nothing I can do is truly good. Again, I could give up, but I choose to obey and will let God make good my imperfect.
Serving ... God has given me intelligence and abilities, and I am responsible to use them in serving Him. My abilities, my motivations are flawed, marred by sin. Nor are they adequate to the task of serving God. Still, I will serve, trusting God for power and the results of my service.

No comments:

Post a Comment